Sunday, January 6, 2008

What's with Our Flooded Country?

Darlings!!!

Forgive me for the extremely lack of updates this past few days but I just can't seem to drag myself out of bed and its not because there was something warm and cuddly to keep me there, but rather the bloody weather with its intermittent rain has somehow screwed up my far too already well screwed body clock that the idea of just lying in and enjoy the cool rainy morning in the comfort of one's bed is just far too tempting a thought!!!

Far from me to say that the weather system is rather screwed up as I personally prefer the rain to hot, humid days and I must stress, I DO NOT mind hot, humid sex, but days...yes!!!

However, enough about the rain, I guess its far better than waking up to frost though I am certain that a lot of people might choose to disagree with me on that!!!

To our original topic and that is the flood situation in Johor!!! Now, I might not be as well educated as some people, heck in fact, I'm downright stupid, but to my knowledge, there has yet in my minute brain any recollection of a flood situation hitting the same place twice in a month until the incident in Johor. Personally, I hardly hear of Johor ever being flooded!!!

Normally we would equate flooding with the East Coast States but never the Southern Region!! Drought and water shortage, yeah, that's normal, but flood?

Has the weather system and pattern shifted so much that we actually might be experiencing a White Christmas 20 years down the road? If you consider the shift pattern that is, flooding usually occur on the northern East Coast States of Malaysia but now it seems to have shifted further south, what's the probability that in 20 years time, the weather pattern would shift further south and thus we would wake up to snow and frost? Wishful thinking you might say..but then again....

Anyway, flood asides, we here in Sarawak are facing a flood of another kind, especially this weekend, with a sudden increase of tourist congregating for the Wedding of the Year, the wedding of the Eldest Daughter of the Deputy Chief Minister to an International Financier, or what we would call in Malaysia, "Along" of Lebanese Origin, and for those purant out there, he's Lebanese Catholic and Not Muslim and for those Muslim Radicals, don't get your hopes high, the Deputy Chief Minister's daughter is Marrying a Lebanese Catholic and not a Muslim and thus she's not converting..so ever so sorry to disappoint you on that matter.

I guess the Deputy Chief Minister and Wife, the Senator Empiang, (and not she does not look anyway as hot as Amadila of Naboo, in fact none of the female Senators of Malaysia are worth looking at, unless you are into dried old ginger look!!!) is relieved that their eldest daughter has finally settled down with someone who is far stable and more mature than her previous ex boyfriends. I recall with horror the previous boyfriend, who we always suspected swing both ways!! the Horrendous "Metro sexual" Sasha of Germany!! Eugh!! Flamboyant as ever!! I do hope he's not going to attend the wedding...then again..he might be the Maid of Honour for all I know!!!

So, Kuching will expect a sudden influx of French Speaking Lebanese, Beer bellied Australians, Charming Italians and boring British with the occasional Singaporean, West Malaysians and Thais thrown in for fun!!

The wedding, which will be a 3 days event will begin on Friday with a simple Church blessing followed by a cocktail luncheon and an Iban Wedding in the evening and the Finale is the Grand Wedding Dinner where invitations are so coveted but there's only 1000 issued and soo many wannabe's in Kuching will just have to cry their eyes out that they are not considered important enough to be invited to the Grand Wedding!! As for me? My dress is ready, my invitations at hand and my gifts has been delivered to the charming and delightful bridge and groom. (now..if she did marry Sasha the German instead of Guy the Levant, I could have said, the ever pretty and gorgeous bride and groom as Sahsa the German can be considered quite pretty!!!)

So darlings!! Will update you on the wedding when I return from the long weekend of champagne and whisky on the rocks!!!! Take care and muah muah!!

Buzz Buzz

2 comments:

Cocka Doodle said...

Dried old ginger is good for getting rid of wind. LOL

The Fly on the Wall said...

Cocka Darling!!!

Hmmmm.....Never have that problem, but will remember that for the time when I do!!

Muah Muah

buzz buzz